This Policy sets out the Trust's maternity, adoption, paternity leave, and pay entitlements,; encompassing Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions and current statutory maternity, adoption and paternity leave and pay entitlements.
This Policy is to explain the range of leave available, what it means for employees and the Trust, and its impact on payand benefits. It outlines the alternative options available thus providing a framework for working arrangements. It also explains the process for requesting the relevant leave.
The Policy has been reviewed in consideration of the:
- Employment Rights Act 1996, as amended by the Employment Relations Act 1999 and the Employment Act 2002;
- Maternity and Parental Leave Regulations 1999 and the Maternity and Parental Leave (Amendment) Regulations 2002;
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (amendment) Regulations 2008;
- Work and Families Act 2006;
- Equality Act 2010;
- Additional Paternity Leave Regulations 2010;
- Children and Adoption Act 2006