This Policy is designed to ensure that appropriate measures are in place for the secure management of patients’ property, so that the risk of loss of or damage to the property is minimised. This is part of delivering a safe and secure environment of care, in line with statutory and regulatory obligations.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- provide an environment where the risk of loss of or damage to patients’ personal belongings is minimised
- minimise the NHS organisation’s liability for lost or damaged property and ensure incidents of loss or damage are dealt with swiftly and effectively.
The Policy reflects the Trust’s overall approach to security management and should be read in conjunction with the following policy documents:
- Security Management Policy
- Standing Financial Instructions
- Policy on the Use by Service Users of Mobile Telephones and Other Devices
Link to the full Policy:
Link to the Standing Operating Procedures: