This document sets out South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust policy and advice to employees in dealing with fraud or suspected fraud. This policy details the arrangements made in the Trust for such concerns to be raised by employees or members of the public.
South Staffordshire And Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust does not tolerate fraud and corruption within the NHS. The intention is to eliminate all NHS fraud and corruption as far as possible. The aim of the Policy and Procedure is to protect the property and finances of the NHS and of patients in our care.
South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to taking all necessary steps to counter fraud and corruption. To meet its objectives, it has adopted the seven-stage approach developed by the NHS Counter Fraud Service (CFS):
- The creation of an anti-fraud culture
- maximum deterrence of fraud
- successful prevention of fraud which cannot be deterred
- prompt detection of fraud which cannot be prevented
- professional investigation of detected fraud
- effective sanctions, including appropriate legal action against people committing fraud and corruption, and
- effective methods of seeking redress in respect of money defrauded.
South Staffordshire And Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust will take all necessary steps to counter fraud and corruption in accordance with this policy, the NHS Counter Fraud and Corruption Manual, the policy statement ‘Applying Appropriate Sanctions Consistently’ published by the NHS CFS and any other relevant guidance or advice issued by the NHS CFS.
This document sets out the Trust’s policy for dealing with detected or suspected fraud and corruption, incorporated in the Secretary of State for Health’s Directions to NHS Bodies on Counter Fraud Measures that were issued in November 2004.
Link to the full Policy:
Link to the Equalities Impact Analysis: