All employment opportunities are advertised via the NHS jobs website - www.jobs.nhs.uk
Volunteering Opportunities Within Psychological Services
As a Trust, we receive a very large number of enquiries from a range of people interested in receiving information, guidance or work experience in relation to a possible or planned career in psychology, psychological therapy or counselling.
Due to the number of such enquiries, we are unfortunately not able to reply to all the needs and requests fully on an individual basis. However, we like to try to be as helpful as possible, within the time and resources available to us, to people making such enquiries, particularly as they are the future workforce for serving people with mental health needs and learning disabilities.
To this end, we would like to direct you to what we hope you find to be helpful information under the Useful Resources sub-section - see below.
We would like to make you aware that we advertise all of our volunteer work opportunities via the nhs.jobs.uk website.
We welcome feedback on the information and resources as described above - please contact Carol Holte on 01785 221427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful resources for people wanting to become a clinical psychologist
- Beinart, H., Kennedy, P. and Llewelyn, S. (2009) Clinical Psychology in Practice. Wiley-Blackwell
- Cheshire, K. and Pilgrim, D. (2004) A Short Introduction to Clinical Psychology. London: Sage
- Davey, G., (2008) Psychopathology: Research, Assessment and Treatment in Clinical Psychology. John Wiley & Sons.
- Francis, R.D. (2004) Becoming a Psychologist. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Hall, J. and Llewelyn, S. (2006) What is Clinical Psychology? Oxford: OUP.
- Knight, A., (2002) How to Become a Clinical Psychologist: Getting a Foot in the Door. Routledge
- Page, A.C. and Stritzke W.G. K., (2006) Clinical Psychology for Trainees: Foundations of Science-Informed Practice. Cambridge University Press
- British Journal of Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Psychology Forum
- Health Service Journal
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- BPS Division of Clinical Psychology
- Health Professions Council