The NHS and social care in Staffordshire have launched its 'What's Your Emergency?' winter campaign today, Friday 1 December 2017. For the next six weeks you'll hear from a variety of frontline staff from across the NHS. They'll be giving a combination of advice about different illness and conditions, how you can be prepared for winter, what you can do for others and the services that are on offer.
The 'What's Your Emergency?' campaign recognises that for everyone who has their own urgent health concern, it is their own emergency. Some of these concerns can be solved with a trip to the pharmacy, walk-in centre, GP surgery, a call to NHS111 or by self-care at home. For serious or life-threatening emergencies, it's 999 or A&E. It's about matching the right person with the best service.
In the first week you'll hear from Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust pharmacist Lis and University Hospitals of North Midlands pharmacists Sarah and Lucinda, who will explain what you can do to get ready for the festive period and possibly prevent needing to come to hospital at a later date. It's all about Staying Well This Winter!
If you've used a pharmacy, walk-in centre, GP surgery or made a call to NHS111 and it meant you didn't have to come to A&E – tweet your experiences using #StaffordshireWYE
All the partners from Together We’re Better will be taking part in sharing the campaign, they are:
· University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
· Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
· South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
· North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
· Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Partnership NHS Trust
· Cannock Chase CCG
· East Staffordshire CCG
· North Staffordshire CCG
· Stafford and Surrounds CCG
· Stoke-on-Trent CCG
· South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula CCG
· Staffordshire County Council
· Stoke-on-Trent City Council